Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Story of My Life

This sort of thing happens to me. A lot.

Recently I was talking with one of my guy friends when he popped into my apartment to say hello or something. He kept hesitating in saying this, telling me that he wanted to tell me something but he didn't know how to word it right. Now, when anyone says this sort of thing, especially when they add in that they are trying to say it so it sounds like a compliment and not something offensive, I just want them to SPIT IT OUT. I'm not that sensitive. I like to laugh. I can laugh at myself. I can laugh at other people... or with other people...?

Anyway what he finally told me was something like "If our personalities were different, I would totally be interested in you..." BAH! The funny thing is, that if our personalities were a little bit different, I would probably be interested in him too. We kept talking for a little bit and I looked at him and said, "(friend's name), maybe someday our personalities will be different..." We looked at each other, and busted out laughing.

I think that it was funny that he felt the need to tell me that. He's funny. I'm glad that we're friends. But, this sort of situation seems to come up a lot in my life. There's always that one "something" that is preventing things moving anywhere. Any insights? Please share. Please. Awkward moments gravitate toward me.

1 comment:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

ha ha ha!!! I love your stories Ruthie-Boo!
Don't feel too bad. Sometimes you just need to find the 'right time" in life to find your partner. Chip and I would have NEVER, not EVER been into each other, even a few years before we met. Life experiences change each of us in different ways. Sometimes we just need to travel down that path and get those experiences before you can truly appreciate the spouse that Heavenly Father has in store for you!
Keep the Faith Sista!