Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rubber Cement


I love rubber cement. I found mine yesterday and since then I have been happily rubber cementing. It's gooey and sticky and you can roll it up into little booger balls. It's great stuff. Who wouldn't like it? No one that I know. This is one of the things in the world that helps me to know that "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause." No. Not really, but it does make me happy. It smells SO good! Okay, I haven't been sitting around smelling rubber cement.
Rubber cement smell is definitely up there with gasoline, go karts and clean laundry straight from the dryer.
I remember when I was in elementary school and some kids I knew in the "smart" classes would sit around smelling the rubber cement and permanent markers. I remember thinking, no lie, "they're getting high..." That's why I was in the "smart" classes.
Side note - this is the kind of rubber cement that I have.
It's the simple things in life that really count. Honestly.

3 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

I love gasoline smell, rubber cement smell, fresh laundry smell..... but go carts? what's with that?

Ruthie K said...

They smell so good. I don't know how to explain it...

Steven said...

I love the smell of a freshly opened deck of poker cards. I think it's the inks they use.