Thursday, October 9, 2008

Missing Grime

This mural is a few blocks away from my house. (Isn't it amazing?) I really miss the murals in Reading. (Yes, I'm from the city)
Okay, I don't really miss the ghetto all that much, but I do miss the eastern side of life. I miss reggaeton music blaring out of car windows. I miss the grime. I miss parallel parking and tiny yards and rain puddles. I miss my family and my friends that are far away. I miss my dog. I miss familiar smells.
I'm very happy that I grew up in Reading. I know that I can handle myself in a lot of different situations. I know that I can take care of myself in... strange situations. I know that not everyone you meet on the street is going to give you a hug and a plate full of treats. I know that life isn't easy for everyone. I also know how to be sassy (my favorite part).

It's so different out here, and I think I'm ready for something else. I am aching for a change, or maybe something a little more familiar. I want to do something, or go somewhere where I can really find out what I'm made of.
So maybe I'm not homesick. I'm nostalgic, in a good way.

1 comment:

nomi said...

Cool mural. Nostalgia? Hmmmm. Maybe you haven't been around the spray paint and noise enough lately. Some things haven't changed...they'll wait until you come for a visit!