Thursday, February 5, 2009

Math

The entirety of my problems with regards to mathematics has now become clear to me. I cannot successfully add, subtract, or multiply. Apparently I am okay when it comes to division.

But, after coming to this realization tonight, I feel that I must have completely stumbled my way through 2nd grade and the rest of my elementary, middle school, and high school math courses. Apparently I was luckier than I had realized. I refused to take math my senior year of high school. I am now extremely happy that I followed my gut, otherwise, I may not have made it into college, where I am having such a wonderful experience. With the gargantuan exception of anything involving mathematics.

Along with my descent into mathematical ineptitude, my spelling skills have begun to curdle, and not in the good way like I had intended said skills to mature and grow and flourish. Instead. I am taking German, and now I can't spell in English. Ah. Such is life.

I now feel like I should be back in Mrs. Becker's 2nd grade class, learning about electricity, how to multiply, and reading Catwings and The Trumpet of the Swan.

I had the cutest blue flowered stretchy pants then. A+.

1 comment:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

stretchy pants always get a gold star.

I hear you had a hot date!
Call and Dish!!!

Love ya