Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ear Buds

I just need to complain. I have the absolute WORST luck with ear buds, earphones, technology in general. But ear buds especially have not been good to me. I suppose it could be that I am not good to them, but, for the sake of my complaining, I am going to say that I am 100% not in the wrong. That's how I like to look at things. I know it isn't true. But it is kind of nice to think sometimes.
Anyway.
Ear buds.
I have gone through five or six pairs in the last one to two years. Personally, I think that is a lot of pairs since most people I know get one pair, and it lasts them for forever and a half. Meanwhile, here I am, Destructo-Girl, on my umpteenth pair of ear-buddies. I have been shocked by 3 pairs, in my ears, on multiple occasions, all of which I was completely dry. Being shocked in the ear is not fun. You'd think it would be a party in your ear, but you would be thinking wrong. Wrong wrong wrong.
The coating stuff almost always comes off and then wires are exposed. That just makes me nervous because then I have more of a chance of getting shocked. I have enough electricity in my body, I don't need more right now. Thanks.
Sometimes my ear buds just plain fall apart. Mind you, in an effort to NOT have to buy more and more ear buds, I buy the kind that are suppppppposed to last a long time. Bah. It's futile.
Quite frequently one ear just stops working. Most often it's the left ear, sadly. I like to listen to music in my left ear so then I can hear what's going on around me in my right ear, that or talk on the phone. The music in my head is like a buffer for awkward phone moments that seem to follow me like the plague. Tangent.
I suppose that ear buds aren't really meant to be slept in. It's just that it makes me drift off to sleep so nicely and I have some pretty crazy dreams. But. I guess I'll just have to listen to that insanely loud ticking coming from the clock in my bedroom. That and I'll have to suck it up and buy another set of ear buds because my current ones have decided to work a fraction of the time, and that is only if I hold really still. I am not a statue. I wiggle. I will have to try not to sleep in the next set.

1 comment:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

lol! You are so darn random. LOVE it!

What you need to do is go to LOWES or Home Depot and get some of those ear guard things that are sound proof, and Chip knows a way to make them head phones.... soundproof head phones. nice. NO more earbuds for you missy.
No more.

I think you should strike.