Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's raining!

I love rain. Rain is happy. It's wet. It smells good. It makes everything, except animals, smell good.

I've missed the rain. I'm glad it is raining. I missed the puddles. I like walking through them.

How could anything so pretty make a person anything but happy? (Okay, floods are bad. But a little rain is wonderful.)


Rain makes me forget the hard things in my life. And that makes it easier to remember the good things. It just seems so harmless. It's like some big wet blanket that clouds out everything that I don't want to think about. It's pretty great. And so, I'm going to enjoy it.


1 comment:

jonathan and andrea said...

i'm glad i wasn't the only one who felt this way about the rain! i was so excited! except that it meant i couldn't drive my car...the wipers are stuck straight up. they won't move. so i can't use my car except in sunny weather (it's like a motorcycle that way) anyway, i love the rain:) i just wish we got more thunderstorms out here...dang utah.