Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Things That I Have Learned

I am now twenty-one, and I am obviously much wiser than I have ever before been.
And so, I have learned a few things on my way to this ripe old age.

1. I have zero balance and I generally bruise when I fall on... anything. As evidenced by my birthday present to myself, a fall down icy stairs and a gigantic bruise on my "whosiwhatsit". I'm putting a picture of it on here, but I will place it at the very end... just in case you don't really want to see it. But let me just say, it's amazing!
2. I have a very short attention span/tolerance for math, and for things and people that I don't like. However, I am determined to make it through and conquer College Algebra. And my other classes. Or else, this will most likely be my last semester in college for a while.
3. I hate smelly people, smelly rooms, smelly shoes, smelly anything smelly. (Smelly in the "oh my gosh, I think I might puke my guts out that smells so bad, and look my skin just crawled off of my body" bad smelly smells. Of course, I might be exaggerating a bit)
4. I am not very organized. But I am currently trying to overcome that. I'm trying very hard.
5. I do NOT wake up until I have had 8 hours of sleep. Don't be fooled if I'm talking to you while I am asleep, because I do do that. As such, I will be going to sleep early. At 11 pm MST. I want to function like a human being. And so I will.
6. Voting is important. Period.
7. My family loves me, quirks and all.
8. I love them, more quirks and all. LOVE!
9. I am happiest when I am doing what I am meant to be doing.
10. The gospel is an essential part of my life, and I love it.
11. I have learned most things the HARD way. Someday, hopefully, I will learn something the easy way.
12. I don't think the way most other people do. It's frustrating sometimes.
13. It's irksome when one person constantly tells you "you're weird, and I don't know how we're friends! But we are!" Personally, that doesn't sound very nice, or friendly. I mean, once in a blue moon, okay. But all of the time. It gets to be a little much. I might think things like that, but I don't say it out loud to them. Geez Louise.
14. I forgot what else I was going to write. So. Beware the picture below....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

4 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

1. Wow, I am very impressed with your bruise. It looks like some I've gotten by falling..... Are you sure we're only related by marriage??
2. YOu CAN conquer anything! (even stupid math)
3. I am wearing my smelliest slippers right now. They are lamb skin with wool stuff lining. They are cozy, but unfortunately I used to wear them without socks, and now they just reek. But they are oohhh soooo cozy. This is also how I repel Chip.
4. I used to be organized before kids. My advice to you, conquer organization before you have kids.
5. I don't remember the last time I got 8 hours. I am usually between 4-6 hours of sleep, with a minor cat nap in the day.
6. I agree
7. Yes we do!
8. I don't own any quirks! haha..
9. Yes... But I can't figure that one out yet
10. Amen
11.I apparently have to learn the hard way too... bummer for us.
12. Don't worry, it runs in your family. Chip can't either.
13. You are weird. But not as weird as I am. I think we are like Peas and Carrots.
14. Sometimes Forgetting something is....

Ruthie K said...

Breezi, I love your comments! bahahah!

Rosalina said...

That is a mighty impressive bruise. I personally like to wear them and scars like battle wounds and always hope that I got them in a ridiculously awesome way.

nomi said...

Ruthie,
I am soooooo glad you didn't wear your bruise like a badge for battle wounds, considering it was on your whosiwhatsit and was such a hard color to match. I'm also glad you can love some of us, quirks and all.