Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Here I Go Again

I am doing it again. I am changing my major. I just don't want to teach high school anymore. It's not fair to treat teenagers like stepping stones. So the plan is now to graduate with (hopefully) a BFA in Studio Art.

I figured it out. If I went through with my Art Ed degree, I would only graduate with a BA when I am 25 almost 26, then teach for a few years, and go to grad school (which is what I really want to do and has never not been part of my plan) and start teaching at a university when I am 31 or 32. BUT if I graduate with a shining BFA, I can go straight to grad school (where I do not know just yet, but I'm looking), and start teaching when I am 26 or 27!

All in all, I think it's a good plan. Don't you?

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Your plans sound great! Go you. You are missed here in DC.