Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hallmark Is Not Just For Cards


My life is partially in jumbles, and, I'll admit, I like it to be in jumbles every so often. It keeps things interesting. It pushes me to grow and become more of who I want myself to be, if that makes sense.

This most recent jumble brought me back to the eastern seaboard. I love it here. It's my home. 

Currently I am trying to figure out what to do next in my life. I am weighing pros and cons of everything; making mental lists; googling and craigslist-ing every place that sounds interesting to me. 

I found my dream house in Providence, RI. It could be absolutely gorgeous. If I had enough for the down payment, I would buy it. Honestly, this house is run down and needs a lot of help. But I have found myself dreaming of how I would fix it, what kind of floors I would put down (Brazilian Hickory wood floors, laminate is okay too, it looked great in the store), which ceiling fans would go best in each room, what blinds I would put in the windows, etc. You get the picture. This house has nearly 5000 sq. ft. of living space and it is only $49,900. It has a turret. It is only an hour away from the beach. I am in love. I need a good project where I can smash things and create and paint and make a home. 

I am a little lost right now. But I am happy. I can see honest-to-goodness good things happening in my life. Little miracles.

Another little miracle just fell into my lap. As I was typing this blog post, I got a phone call from what may possibly be the perfect school for me. I have been trying to figure out what to do with my life and I think that I am going to change schools. I don't think that I will be going back to BYU, if you want to know more of my reasoning, you can ask me. Anyway. I really think that I am going to make photography my thing. And my mom was helping me search for schools and we came across The Hallmark Institute of Photography. It is right up my alley. I mean, this school is amazing. I had a great interview today. They looked at my pictures and said that I should definitely apply and come up for a visit. All I need now are two letters of recommendation, an essay, and a boat load of money. And when I say boat, I mean about as much as it would cost to buy a boat. Cross your fingers and toes for me. I really want this!

No comments: