Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Answers

(Disclaimer: Normally, I am funny. This post is not that funny. You have been warned.)

In the past few months, a lot has happened in my life. A lot of good. A little of... hasn't felt so good. Pretty much everything that has happened has given rise to questions, which led to fears, which led to... stress.
It hasn't been anything that I've felt that I couldn't handle. But the cumulation of everything was wearing on me.
As most of you know I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. My beliefs are an integral part of my life. For heaven's sake, I go to BYU, an LDS school! We pray in my Spanish class! Yes, in spanish. I like it. I enjoy praying in my classes, I feel like it makes learning easier for me.
Anyway, I have dedicating the past 5 or so Sundays to fasting and praying for answers to my questions and comfort in my fears and stress.
This past Sunday, everything I needed to hear and feel hit me like a fly wacking into the windshield of a MAC truck speeding down a long stretch through Texas. (If you didn't catch that, I felt like I got hit really hard) I cried almost the entire day. I kid you not.
I feel reassured in my beliefs, in my hopes, in my dreams, in everything.
My life is blessed. Yes, there are hard things. Yes, there will continue to be hard things. But I know that I don't have to go through any of it by myself. There will always be someone to wipe my tears and comfort my fears. There will also always be someone there to rejoice with me when good things come along the way.
I have a strong testimony that all of our prayers are heard and answered.

Please understand that my religious beliefs are dear to me. It is not something that I normally share, not because I am embarrassed or think that it is silly to believe, but because it is so special to me and . But I felt that at this moment, this was something that I needed to share.

I am happy. Things can be good. Really.

2 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

I'm glad you could get some answers that you needed.

I think that's one of Satan's evil little tricks.... WORRY.... he makes you worry so much, that you can't focus on the the Holy Ghost and his comfort.

Ben & Kelci Stanfield said...

:) I love you lots. Much.

Oh, and I plan on always being there (as much as you'll let me) to wipe up as many tears as fall. That's a promise.